Pothole Claim Information


If you sustain damage to your vehicle due to a pothole in The Town of Ceredo you should file a claim to the West Virginia Court of Claims.

Insurance companies and policies vary when it comes to what pothole related damages they will cover. So it is important to check with your insurance provider.

In West Virginia depending on where the pothole was you can file a claim over the damage to your vehicle.

You will need to submit a claim form to the West Virginia Court of Claims. We have the form here or you can go to the website below.

You should be prepared to detail the accident with pictures and provide insurance information and damage estimates.

It can take over a year to receive payment for the damages.

In West Virginia, drivers whose vehicle has been damaged due to road conditions can file a reimbursement claim to the Court of Claims located at:

1900 Kanawha Blvd., E., Rm. W-334, Charleston, W.Va.

More information is available by calling 304-347-4851.